The Cathedral of Christ the Savior – is a Russian Orthodox Church. The Cathedral is a cenotaph for Russian emperor soldiers who perished during the war with Napoleon, and there are names of the military offices engraved on its walls who perished during the Patriotic War of 1812 and wars of 1797—1806 and 1814—1815.
Originally the Cathedral was built to commemorate Napoleon retreated from Moscow under the design of Tron К. The construction took almost 44 years: the cornerstone of the new church was laid September 23, 1839 and it was consecrated on May 26, 1883. The Cathedral was demolished on December 5, 1931 by order of Stalin and built again in 1994—1997. The Cathedral has the status of the Patriarchal Metochion.