Vvedensky Сathedral is the oldest building of Cheboksary and the whole Chuvashia, a monument on the federal level. It is a cathedral of Cheboksary and Chuvash Dioceses. The first (timber) church on this place was laid down here according to the letter by Tsar Ivan the Terrible on May 26, 1555. The construction place in the Cheboksary Kremlin was consecrated in 1555 by Gury, the archbishop of Kazan. The existing building was erected in the middle of the 17th century (in the 1650s or 1660s).